Monday 22 February 2016

Adding some adventure and stepping out of your comfort zone.

I love adventures as any of you who knows me will understand. I love being active. However when you have a full time job you sometimes develop a comfort zone and stop doing those things. 

I recently had a week off work and decided that I need to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things as well as old. 

You are only confined by the walls you build yourself! 

Strolls on the beach 
I went home for a few days and visited Strandhill. One of my favorite places in the world. Took a stroll in the stand dunnes and watched the waves. 

Running
I love to run and sometimes I find it hard to get motivated. However I pushed myself to go for a run in Letterkenny taking along my puppy. 

We ended up doing nearly 12km and saw some beautiful scenery along the way. The sun sayed out the whole time until we got home and sat down. Now that's a sign. 

Kayaking 
I took up this sport in college but find it hard to get the time to do it anymore. Getting back out on the water felt amazing. Even if it only was for a flat water paddle. I had so much fun and realized what I'd been missing out on. 


Wall Climbing 

Now this is something I never actually properly done before. However I throughly enjoyed myself. I was quiet scared at first on the wall but once I got to the top I realised that I could do it. And the second time it was less scary! 


How to find your adventurous side 

Get creative with your hobbies 
Try something you never have before. Be creative and don't be afraid to do new things.  Even if you start with something small. Like taking up walkingor even painting. This will allow you to see how much you like doing new things.

Plan 
Start planning your next trip or adventure. When you plan things in advance you never want to back out. And you feel more relaxed because you know exactly where and when you're going. Look up destinations that you want to visit. Weather it be the Wicklow maintains or the Grand Canyon. Once you set that plan everything will start to fall in place. 

Take a day trip 
I wouldn't exactly call this a staycation because you can stretch a day trip out of you want to. When you feel suffocated a little bit with your own life it's nice to plan a little trip away. Either pull an all nighter or get up really early and just take your camera, some snacks and yourself and just go. You never know where you might end up. 

Be Spontaneous! 

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.


Until next time 
Riadh X 



No comments:

Post a Comment